SUNDAY 12 AUGUST
1. All are invited to remain after the service and meet for tea and coffee and a time of fellowship in the Large Hall.
2. Anyone needing to contact the Locum minister (Rev. Eric McLachlan.B.D. M.Th.) can do so either by telephone (0141 810 5789) or by email: email@example.com
3. INDUCTION: The induction of our new minister, Rev Dr Stewart Gillan, will take place in the Church on Thursday 30th August at 7 p.m. All are welcome to attend.
Members and Friends will receive a letter regarding this and are requested to return the reply portion promptly in order than we can plan accordingly.
4. KIRK SESSION: A reminder that the Kirk Session is called to meet today at 12.30 p.m. in the Small Hall to approve costs of Manse repairs.
5. TODAY, 12TH AUGUST Byres Road eastwards into city centre and Glasgow Green will be no go areas which means there could be busier traffic than normal through Clyde Tunnel and Crow Road/Hyndland Road/Cleveden Road/Maryhill Road.
6. OPERA BOHEMIA'S exciting new production of Verdi's fast paced comedy, Falstaff, takes place next Sunday August 19th at 7.30 at St. John's-Renfield. Tickets are now available from Shaun & Isobel Digges (334 8697) - or Moyra, the Church Secretary, during office hours.
7. CHRISTIAN AID: Christian Aid were delighted to accept from £4290 From St John's Renfield after our fund raising during Christian Aid week. With gift aid this will take our total up to £4814. A huge thank you to all CA collectors for their hard work!!
8. WORLD MISSION: Free copies of the September newsletter can be found at the Main Door. This issue focuses on Connecting with the World Church and Sharing Experiences.
9. SAFEGUARDING: Dates for Safeguarding Training are now available. Please contact Jennifer Stewart for further information.
10. INTIMATIONS: All intimations for inclusion in next Sunday’s order of service should be in the Church Office by 11 a.m. on Wednesday 15th August. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/Tel. 0141 334 0782