24 SEPTEMBER 2017
1. We extend a warm welcome to Rev. Eric McLachlan, our Locum, who will lead us in morning worship today.
2. All are invited to remain after the service and meet for tea and coffee and a time of fellowship in the Large Hall.
3. Anyone needing to contact the Locum minister (Rev. Eric McLachlan.B.D. M.Th.) by email: email@example.com
4. VACANCY: ELECTION OF NOMINATING COMMITTEE: Next Sunday 1 October immediately following morning worship. Tea and coffee will be served during the count.
5. COMMUNION – SUNDAY 1 OCTOBER 2017: Following the success of our new Communion arrangements, on Sunday 1 October, we will be serving Communion starting with Row 12 and moving forwards to Row 1 and we would invite everyone to sit in this area. If you still prefer to sit in your normal seat and wish to receive Communion, please move forward during the Communion hymn. Row 12 will be clearly marked at each end of the row by some red cord. As before, we will not be serving any further back in the Sanctuary.
6 AFTERNOON TEA: On Wednesday 27 September, 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. in Kelvinside Hillhead Church, Observatory Road, will be holding an afternoon tea – the proceeds will be given to Macmillan Cancer Support. All welcome.
7. LODGING HOUSE MISSION HARVEST APPEAL: Our Harvest service this year will take place on Sunday 8 October with donations going to the Lodging House Mission.
Lodging House Mission is very grateful for all the harvest gifts that they receive from churches and schools not just from Glasgow but from further afield at Harvest time and throughout the year. These contributions have meant that they are still able to provide free breakfast and lunches to around a hundred visitors each day. This is all very much valued and appreciated.
This year, from the list drawn up by the kitchen staff, we have chosen just three groups of food for St John’s-Renfield to contribute. This is by way of an experiment! The items that we have been asked to donate are –
TINNED VEGETABLES, TINNED MEAT AND SUGAR. These are items that are always in demand and often run out. Please do not donate any other items this year.
8. UNLOCKING THE WORD: Wednesday 27 September, 10.30 a.m. in the Session House. Guided by the thoughts of William Barclay, we shall be exploring the biblical teaching on forgiveness. As usual, all are welcome.
9. BOOK GROUP: Our next meeting will be on Monday 2 October at 7.30 p.m. Our book title is ‘A Room with a View’ by E.M. Forster and the poetry theme is Italy. Further information from Wilma Murphy. All welcome.
10. INTIMATIONS: All intimations for inclusion in next Sunday’s order of service should be in the Church Office by 11 a.m. on Wednesday 27 September. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/Tel. 0141 334 0782