SUNDAY 21 JANUARY 2018
1. We extend a warm welcome to Rev. Eric McLachlan, our Locum, who will lead us in morning worship today.
2. All are invited to remain after the service and meet for tea and coffee and a time of fellowship in the Large Hall.
3. Anyone needing to contact the Locum minister (Rev. Eric McLachlan.B.D. M.Th.) can do so either by telephone (0141 810 5789) or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. RESIDENTIAL HOME SERVICE: There will be a service this afternoon at 2.30 p.m. in Rannoch House, Cleveden Road. All welcome.
5. FOODBANK: A reminder that the need continues and further contributions will be greatly appreciated. Contributions will be collected next Sunday as this is the last Sunday of the month.
6. UNLOCKING THE WORD: We meet again on Tuesday 23rd January at 10.30 a.m. All welcome.
7. CONCERT: It is with regret that the concert by the Glasgow Academy Choir scheduled for 3rd of February is postponed indefinitely. This is due to both staff and pupils being affected by various viruses which prevent necessary practice. Tickets already purchased will be transferable to a new date and those who wish a refund should advise Elizabeth Arthur.
8. INTERESTED IN WORSHIP? John Bell of the Iona Community and Wild Goose Resource Group will be visiting us on Wednesday 31 January at 7.30 p.m. to share with us his thoughts on a range of topics relating to worship. This should prove to be an enlightening and inspiring evening. All are welcome.
9. WEST END PARISH GROUPING: West End Parish Grouping meets in St John’s-Renfield at 7.30 p.m. on Wednesday 24th January
10. BOOK GROUP: Next meeting on Monday February 5th at 7.30 p.m. The choice is ‘Nut Shell’ by Ian McEwan. Poetry theme to follow. Further information from Wilma Murphy.
11. INTIMATIONS: All intimations for inclusion in next Sunday’s order of service should be in the Church Office by 11 a.m. on Wednesday 24th January. Email: email@example.com/Tel. 0141 334 0782